Wednesday, March 26, 2014

CRAZY CAT LADY STARTER KIT
CRAZY CAT LADY STARTER KIT is my Hoffman Challenge 2014 entry. She is a bit of a departure for me, and may not be a judge-pleasing entry, but I really created her for myself this time, and she proved to be fun and challenging! She has a full body armature, a dollskin fabric skin over needle sculpted head to create the wrinkles and creases in her face.
She holds her Starter Kit of 3 little kittens, a bag of catnip and cat magazines. the Hoffman fabric is in her apron and her hat.
the size limit for the challenge is 20", and she is a 20" doll but appeared to grow after she was completed, costume and all, she measured 22". so I had to cut her legs off at the top and re-sew them to the torso. I also used a steam iron to compress the stuffing in the top of her head. End result, exactly 20"!
She was created from my Gayheart the Gardening Granny pattern.





3 comments:

Fran said...

She is WONDERFUL! Love all the colors of the Hoffman fabric.

I haven't done a Hoffman doll in several years. Now that life has settled down a lot, I hope to get back into more and more creating my dolls, etc.

hjs said...

I think she is great and I wish you the best of luck in the challenge. Love your creativity and humor with this one. I follow you on focd yahoo group.

Unknown said...

Wow! This is so cool. Amazing job!
I love making dolls too. I find Mixed Media quite interesting. I recently found these stencils online, you need to have a look at them too!
http://www.amazon.com/Mixed-Media-Collage-Doll-Stencils/dp/B00IQRT4N8/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1407748209&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Mixed+Media+Doll+Stencils